Have you ever got confused with similar sounding words and probably used the wrong word while sending email? When I was a kid, for a very long time I used to get confused with ‘there’ and ‘their’. Am I the only one? Well, I may be in this ‘there’ and ‘their’ but you can’t deny that similar sounding words can sometimes be too confusing. Bruce Worden, the man who owns a blog, homophones has perfectly shown the illustrations of similar sounding words and why we get confused so often.
Take a look at these 20 similar sounding words and the illustrations that prove how confusing they can be at times.
1. Ever got confused between these two?
2. Perfectly shown
3. All depends on who you are talking to and what you are listening :p
4. This one is confusing. Isn’t it?
5. I don’t think this one is confusing
6. Good one
8. Is this one common?
9. No more confusion from now
10. Never got confused with this one
11. Do you guys get confused with this one?
12. Lol, thrown out of throne
13. Dear, I love deer. I know, I should be killed for this lame caption
14. Sail or no sale?
15. The only way to not get confused is to listen
16. Weak every week
17. There are some other roll sounding words too. Can you think any of them?
18. Now you c me
19. Really, a flower?
20. Recite on a site
Image source: 9gag
These similar sounding words shouldn’t bother you now after looking at these illustrations. However, if you don’t listen to them carefully, you will often get confused. If you liked this article, do share it with your friends. And if you would like to add some more similar sounding words, do write them down in the comment section.